Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Can't think of a good title. So here's the wrap-up of today.

First thing I want to talk about is the awesome present my brother got for me today. Him and his girlfriend were supposed to get me a Patrick Kane jersey for a Christmas/birthday gift, BUT...the site he was going to order it from is weird, shipping is kinda pricey, and the jersey I REALLY wanted (throwback) hasn't been in stock. (I was just going to go with a red one, but then this new thing came up...)

I was messing around with customizing a shirt on the NHL merchandise page, and came up with one I REALLY like. So I sent him a picture of it, and I was just like, "Ugh, wish I could order this." as a joke. So he texts me back and says, "How much? With shipping and all that?" So I was like, "Um...let me find out?" and I did. So I text him. And he goes, "How about I give you my card info, and you order it?"

UH. WHAT.

I was like, "WHAAAAAT!?" So he calls me and says, "I know we were supposed to get you the jersey, and we still will, I just have to figure out the site, and see if anyone else wants to order stuff and throw down on shipping, so since we didn't get you much for Christmas or birthday, how about you order the shirt?" Thus leading to me freaking out and dancing all over the place.

Here is my future shirt...

I am so ridiculously excited about this, I can't even describe it. I am just PRAYING to the hockey gods that it comes before the game I'm going to next week. *Fingers crossed*








So of course, with good news, there has to be bad right? That's life.

Well. I've been waiting for my copy of "One Goal: Achieved" in the mail since...well. What seems like forever. My aunt was going to get it for my and my cousin for Christmas, but well, as we all know, the book sold out, literally EVERYWHERE. They had to put out a 2nd printing. So we had to wait for that. Which was awful. So FINALLY, we heard it was printed. And last week, my aunt sent me a text saying that the books should ship out on the 4th. This lead to me pretty much stalking the mailman for the past 5 days.

Then she calls me today, and tells me she is PISSED. So I was wondering why. She then tells me that THE BOOKS CAME. To her house. Instead of my apartment. Which was THE SHIPPING ADDRESS.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention, she lives in FUCKING LAS VEGAS. It's not like I can just stop by and pick them up, no, BECAUSE I LIVE IN ILLINOIS.

REALLY BARNES AND NOBLE? REALLY? YOU ARE NOW ON MY SHIT LIST. ALL OF MY HATE. ALL OF IT TO YOU. KILL IT WITH FIRE.



It just sucks. That is the ONE thing I have been WAITING for. I mean, I'm glad that I KNOW I (sort of...) have it, but it's just like, ok, I have been waiting this long for it, now I have to wait even longer. She's just pissed because of how they fucked up. I mean really. How do you mess up shipping addresses? Especially Vegas and Illinois. Stupid fucking Barnes and Noble. I swear, they did it just to torture me. I know she's going to send it to me, but oh my god....



I JUST WANT MY BOOK DAMNIT!!!!













But then, low and behold, there was some good news tonight. MY BOYS WON!!! The Blackhawks beat the Oilers 4-1!! Corey Crawford was on FIRE tonight. He was doing amazing. Tonight's game just made me even happier that I ordered that shirt. And Patrick Kane scored 2 goals too. That always makes me happy.

I love you Kaner. I really do <3












We also traded Jack Skille tonight. While he wasn't one of my favorite players, he's had quite a few shining moments. And you could always tell that he played his ass off. So happy trails to you Skille, good luck in Florida, and I hope you have a successful career there.

And that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment